Life is full of challenges. We all face them every day.
But sometimes the challenges can become too great and you need help navigating the rough waters. Sure, you can continue to do your best to cope and hope that things will improve on their own. Or you can be proactive and take an important step toward improving your life.
Counseling can provide an opportunity to discuss your problems and concerns with a trained and caring professional in a safe, confidential environment.
“My therapist is outstanding. She is professional, fair, caring and very helpful. The entire agency has always treated me with concern and respect. I have recommended YFC to friends more than a few times.”
Our licensed therapists work with individuals of all ages, as well as couples and families, who are struggling with life’s challenges or experiencing painful emotions. We help our clients develop insight and coping skills, begin to heal from past emotional wounds, and learn how to lead happier, more fulfilling lives. Whatever your concerns, we are prepared to help you.
Examples of issues our clients bring to counseling:
- Abuse and trauma
- Anger management and conflict resolution
- Attention deficit and hyperactivity disorders
- Child and adolescent counseling
- Coping with chronic or terminal illness, or caring for an ailing family member
- Couples counseling
- Divorce, including separation
- Family counseling
- Gay, lesbian, bisexual, or transgender issues
- Life transitions and decision making (e.g. unemployment, retirement, birth of a child)
- Men’s issues
- Parenting issues
- Relationship difficulties
- Stress management
- Women’s issues
Let’s get started! Reach out to our New Client Coordinator, Catherine Van Damme, at (847) 367-5991 ext. 13.
For more information visit our FAQs page.