Youth & Family Counseling (YFC) is committed to the wellbeing of our clients, clinicians, and staff. As the COVID-19 pandemic persists, I am writing to communicate updated information about our efforts to keep you safe while under our care.
As a healthcare organization, we are committed to maintaining the highest standards of health and safety in everything that we do. We have clients and employees who are not eligible for the vaccine and who are immunocompromised. The best way to protect everyone is for us all to cooperate and abide by the health and safety guidelines outlined in this letter.
While we continue to offer teletherapy sessions, we welcome clients for in-person sessions and have implemented the following measures to keep everyone safe:
- Masking at all times and in all areas is required.
- Our waiting room is open with limited seating capacity. You may also use the seating in our building lobby.
- We will conduct a wellness screening prior to your session. You will need to certify:
- You have not received a positive diagnosis of COVID-19 in the past 10 days.
- You are not currently under an order of quarantine.
- You have not traveled within the past 10 days.
- You have not experienced any cold or flu-like symptoms in the last 10 days (e.g., fever or temperature of 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit, extreme fatigue, moderate to severe headache, vomiting, diarrhea, loss of taste, smell, cough, difficulty breathing, sore throat, muscle or body aches.)
- Anyone who does not pass the screening will not be allowed to enter the office suite. We will need to send you home and refer you to your physician and the CDC website for further guidance.
- We now have a separate entrance and exit to minimize the number of people in the hallways.
- Therapist offices are disinfected before and after each client session.
These updated measures and procedures were effective, August 2, 2021. They are reviewed regularly and are subject to change.
We appreciate your understanding and cooperation. Your safety and the safety of your fellow clients and YFC employees remain our top priority.
Thank you for making YFC your trusted mental healthcare partner.
Janelle Miller Moravek
PS—If you have questions or concerns, please contact your YFC therapist. Also, you may find the websites below as useful resources: