At YFC, we remain steadfast in our commitment to open doors to mental healthcare for people from all walks of life. Here are some of the things we are doing to help people access our professional counseling services during this national emergency.
- YFC remains open and will continue to provide counseling services to meet the needs of our clients and community.
- We are accepting new clients, and will work to make our services affordable by billing insurance whenever possible and offering fee subsidies.
- To safeguard the health and safety of our clients and staff, we are no longer offering in-person counseling sessions. We are, however, providing HIPPA-compliant teletherapy services via an easy-to-use video conferencing platform, which you can access via any device that has a camera. Your privacy is protected, and you won't need to download any software or create an account.
- YFC now offers free call-in hours on Tuesday and Friday mornings. During these times, a YFC licensed therapist will be available to discuss your mental health questions and concerns. This service is offered in both English & Spanish.
- Healthcare workers and their families can now receive up to 3 free counseling sessions to help mitigate the stress and anxiety of being on the front lines of this crisis.
- To get started with any of these services, please contact our New Client Coordinator Bri Roberts at at (847) 748-0301 or fill out the online form here.
This pandemic is causing stress, anxiety and trauma throughout our community, and I am proud of how YFC has responded. Just as our clients know that they can count on us to help them through this crisis, I hope that YFC can count on you to help sustain us financially. We need your support now more than ever before!
One last thought - it's important to take time to maintain your own mental health. If you need help, please remember that YFC is a part of our community’s support network, and we are here, able and ready to serve you and your friends and family.
Janelle Miller Moravek, Executive Director